Probate Cost Guidelines
Standard Grant Application without Estate Administration
- £500.00 plus VAT plus disbursements.
Probate with Full Estate Administration:
- Standard: £1,000 – £3,000 plus VAT plus disbursements
- Intermediate: £3,000 – £5,000 plus VAT plus disbursements
- Complex: £5,000 – £10,000+ plus VAT plus disbursements
These prices are estimates and are based on a solicitor rate of £200.00 per hour plus VAT.
Probate with partial Estate Administration:
Our fees for probate with partial administration are based on a solicitor rate of £200.00 per hour plus VAT and are subject to Client requirements. Under this category of work our fees are usually within the range of £1,000.00 – £3,000.00 plus VAT plus disbursements.
- Probate application fee: £155.00
- Additional copies of the Grant: 50p
- Land Registry search fee: £3.00
- Bankruptcy search fee: £2.00 per beneficiary
- £150.00 – £300.00 to post a section 27 Trustee Act Notice.
Our Probate team comprises of Dawn Major, Solicitor, her PA, Probate Assistant Faye Jones and Supervising Partner Neil Oliver.
Dawn has over 20 years experience of dealing with Probate, Wills & Trusts and has particular expertise in dealing with high value estates, inheritance tax and resolving
Estate disputes. Dawn will carry out your work with assistance from Faye with whom she has worked closely for 4 years. Mr Oliver has over 30 years’ experience of advising upon Probate, Wills & Trusts and is in overall supervision of the Department.
Arthur Jackson & Co Solicitors will only use your information for the purposes of your enquiry.